Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Matte and easy


This look is really easy and takes little time, so I thought I'd share it in case anyone else is feeling as uninspired as I usually do early in the morning!

I've mostly used mattes and neutral colors, but topped it off with a glowy finishing powder and a natural dark nude gloss. All products are either drugstore buys or mineral make-up bought online, and everything is very budget-friendly.





I forgot that I used Urban decay's eyeshadow primer, but Essence has a very nice and affordable one too. To achieve the soft smokey look I first applied a light matte shade all over the lid and browbone and then layered the darker colors on top with a fluffy blending brush.
 



Product list:

Face:
Catrice allround concealer palette
MAD minerals foundation in Fair
Opera House blush (Catrice sidney palette)
MAD minerals satin glow finishing powder
MAD minerals flasg glow (highlighter on cheekbone)

Eyes:
Bring me frosted cake eyeshadow (Catrice mono)
Harbour bridge eyeshadow  (Catrice's Sidney palette)
Town hall eyeshadow (Catrice's Sidney palette)
Coffee multi-use color (MAD minerals)
Super fine eye-liner pen (Catrice spectacul-art)
Essence I love extreme volume mascara

Lips:
Catrice colour show lip gloss in No. 9 is mine

The tan blush looks a little bit tacky on my pale skin, but I decided I like it anyway. I can't help but like my blush bold and visible :)  I wore a similar look during the most part of winter but I actually made this look back in november on one on the last days of actual sunlight. We're finally starting to get some good light again here in Belgium so I will probably be posting swatches and looks more regularly.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely stunning! I might try something similar tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful look on you! The neutrals make your eyes look bluer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and classy! I love all the mattes you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so pretty and a gorgeous smile! I love my blusher loud and bold too, it's my desert island product!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    I keep buying bright and sparkly eyeshadows, my next purchase will be some gorgeous mattes and neutrals. That's what I keep wearing lately :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! :) Please be respectful and don't leave spam or blog links. You're always welcome to send me an e-mail or tweet!