Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tutorial: My cuticle routine


My cuticles were in terribe shape due to the constant temperature changes and washing my hands too often at work, so it was about time I took care of them! I took some pictures of my routine, using a depilatory cream to remove the excess skin on my cuticles.

If you are thinking 'what the hell is she on about?' : read my previous post about the usage of a depilatory cream on your cuticles!
 

This is embarrassing..  This is what my nails looked like this morning. The polish all worn off, nails chipped, cuticles all dry and sticking to my nail plate. This is not my usual look, but I really had better things to do than doing my nails lately.


Removed the polish..


This is what you need: 

-Mild depilatory cream
-Some tissues/cotton buds
-Toothpicks or an orangewood stick


I use a toothpick to apply the cream on my cuticles and all of the skin around my nail plate.



I do one hand at a time. By the time I finish on my thumb, I can already start removing the dead skin cells on my pinky. I do this by moving a toothpick along my cuticles and around my nail, trying to avoid scraping the actual nail plate.


Then I wipe away the cream and scrape some more where needed. The product has softened the cuticles, so although there is no product left, you can still continue to work on the cuticles.

\

You can see how I stayed away from the actual nail plate.


When I finish all of my nails I wash my hands with soap to remove the depilatory cream. Your nails and cuticles are still quite soft at this point, so don't use a nail brush. This is what my cuticles look like after washing my hands:


Much better :) Although my hands are so dry that they look like they belong to an old lady :(


I finish off with lemony flutter from lush. This is an awesome cuticle cream if you like the smell of lemons! I massage the butter into my cuticles and nails.


And this is what I end up with!


It's up to you if you want to use a regular cuticle remover or not, but a depilatory cream is just way cheaper and easier to find in stores.. I wonder if there's more people out there using this method. I just happened to find out about it because I was wondering how cuticle removers work. Let me know how it went if any of you ever try this!

I hope this was usefull :)
Thanks for reading!

Silke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! :) Please be respectful and don't leave spam or blog links. You're always welcome to send me an e-mail or tweet!